Ink cartridges for Epson printers must be refilled before they run out of ink to avoid air pockets inside the ink cartridge. You can refill black and colour Epson ink cartridges to avoid purchasing new ones. This will save you money, and also help to reduce environmental waste. Refilling Epson ink cartridges is easy and takes a few minutes to complete with the right tools.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Chip resetter
- Thumb drill
- Colour or black ink
Place the Epson ink cartridge on a paper towel.
Push the chip on the ink cartridge against the pins on the chip resetter. Wait a few seconds until a steady green light appears on the chip resetter to indicate that the cartridge chip has been reset.
Drill a hole with the thumb drill above the word "PUSH" on the ink cartridge. Drill another hole directly above it.
Fill the syringe with 25ml of ink for black cartridges and 10ml of ink for colour cartridges.
Insert the needle of the syringe into the first hole that was drilled above the word "PUSH" on the ink cartridge. Fill the cartridge slowly until all the ink in the syringe is gone.
Place the ink cartridge back in the printer and let it sit for 24 hours. Run two or three cleaning cycles before printing any documents.
Tips and warnings
- Drill the holes with the thumb drill toward the Epson label on the ink cartridge to avoid a permanent leak.
- Sealing the drilled holes is optional unless you are transporting the cartridge. You can seal them with hot glue, electrical tape or candle wax.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for