Justin Sullivan/Getty Images News/Getty Images
The Epson DX4400 is an all-in-one colour inkjet printer released in Europe in 2007. It features colour copying, photo printing and individual ink tanks, but it remains at a price point that makes it suitable for general home use. You can normally replace an ink cartridge by using the function buttons on the printer itself, but this is not possible if the cartridge you are changing is not yet empty. You may want to change a partially full ink cartridge if it is more than six months old and you notice the quality of your print jobs deteriorating.
Click the "Start" menu on your computer.
Choose "Control Panel" and click "Printer" in the Hardware and Sound category list.
Click on the "Epson DX4400" icon and choose "Select Printing Preferences."
Click the "Maintenance" tab.
Click the "Ink Cartridge Replacement" icon and click "OK."
Lift up to open the scanner portion of the printer.
Press "Stop" on the printer to move the printer carriage to the centre position.
Press the tab on the back side of the cartridge you want to replace and pull straight up to remove it from the printer.
- Epson Stylus CX4300/CX5500/DS4400 Series: Overview of Printer Driver and Status Monitor
- Epson Stylus CX4300/CX5500/DS4400 Series: Replacing an Ink Cartridge Before It Is Expended
- Epson Stylus CX4300/CX5500/DS4400 Series: Replacing an Expended Ink Cartridge
- Epson Stylus CX4300/CX5500/DS4400 Series: Precautions on Ink Cartridge Replacement
- Epson: Replacing an Ink Cartridge Before It's Expended
- Your printer must be connected to your computer and turned on before attempting to remove the cartridge.
- If you are only removing the ink cartridge temporarily, make sure to keep all contacts clean and dust-free and store it in an upright position, with the label facing up.
- If you remove an ink cartridge with low ink, it will no longer function if you reinstall it in your printer.
- Justin Sullivan/Getty Images News/Getty Images