SIM cards essentially act as the brain for GSM-type cell phones. They are programmed with the information necessary to connect to your provider's network and make and receive calls. They also serve as a backup storehouse for the address book you have cultivated over time. When a SIM card eventually malfunctions, replacement is necessary. Fortunately, a SIM card copier can be used to almost effortlessly copy your data over to a new SIM card.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Cell phone user manual
Locate the nearest retail location for your cellular carrier. Many locations have a SIM card copier device on hand to assist customers with transferring their data in the event of catastrophic malfunction. Check your carrier's website or scour a search engine for locations within your city or postcode.
Call to confirm that the location has a SIM copier on hand. Not every store possesses one of these devices so personally speak with an employee to ensure a trip to the store will not be in vain.
Travel to the retail store to have your data copied over. Explain to the representative that you need your address book copied over from your old SIM card. Even if the old card has been deactivated, in most cases the data can still be duplicated.
Test the new SIM to ensure the data has successfully been copied. Once the transfer has been completed, power your device up with the new card inside and access your address book. This is generally done by pressing "Menu" and then "Address Book" or "Contacts." Because steps vary from device to device, consult your user manual as needed for alternative steps. Your data should now be accessible once more.
Tips and warnings
- Retail representatives do not always think to duplicate SIM card data when activating a new SIM card. In the future, be sure to ask for this to be done when purchasing a replacement SIM card in the store to save yourself a trip back later on.
- SIM card copiers can also be purchased for home use on the web. Search for "SIM card copier" on your preferred search engine and you will find a variety of outlets to purchase such a device from.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for