Acronis True Image, the disk imaging software, uses the ".TIB" file type to save copies of hard drive backups. If you accidentally delete a ".TIB" file, you need to recover the file using a recovery program. These programs can bring the file back from the recycling bin, allowing you to keep it.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Install one of the recovery programs, such as Tokiwa DataRecovery, Easeus or Recuva. These programs are all free as of November 2010.
Select the hard drive where the deleted ".TIB" file was removed. Hit the "Scan" button.
Locate the ".TIB" file and click the "Restore" button to recover the file.
Tips and warnings
- Use a secondary storage device to store files.
- Never delete files with which you are unfamiliar. It may play a vital function.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for