Today, most people use the back of their car or the passenger side of their car as a dustbin. This can cause the vehicle to get rather dirty. Between coffee stains, milk from children's sippy cups and fast food grease, the upholstery can turn from new to eww in minutes. There are simple ways to clean the upholstery in your vehicle. Option one is to go to a detailing shop, while option two is to do it yourself. Using a simple cleaner, a vacuum and a rag, you can make your car look like new.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Appropriate auto-grade upholstery cleaner
- Shop vacuum
Use the shop vacuum to remove any residual dirt or dust on the upholstery.
Use an appropriate auto-grade upholstery cleaner to spray the stains with a foaming cleaner. Apply evenly upon the entire stain.
Allow ample time for the cleaner to work into the stains. Each cleaner bottle or container will contain a time in which the cleaner should be allowed to work.
With a clean, damp rag, wipe the cleaner from the upholstery.
If necessary, repeat steps 2 through 4 for all stains until stains are fully removed.
Tips and warnings
- Consult a sales associate at the local auto parts store for the best cleaner to use for your type of upholstery.
- Do not inhale cleaner.
- Allow proper ventilation when cleaning and before driving the vehicle.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for