Fingernail art adds an extra dimension to your fingernails and helps to beautify your overall appearance. Rather than spending all of your pocket change on a professional manicure or attempting to freehand intricate designs, make your own fingernail stencils at home. Not only will you be saving money, but you will feel a sense of pride each time you glance down at your stunning fingernails.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Card stock
- Pencil or fine-tipped pen
- Craft or utility knife
Use a pencil or fine-tipped pen to trace an outline of each of your fingernails on a piece of card stock. Try to keep the size close to the actual size of your fingernails.
Draw an outline of the stencil you want to create inside of each drawn fingernail. Drawing inside of the fingernail templates will ensure your designs fit on your real nails.
Cut around the perimeter of each design with a craft or utility knife.
Use the craft or utility knife to cut out each fingernail template. Leave an extension of card stock at the tip of each nail for you to hold onto when using the stencils.
Place a stencil on top of the corresponding fingernail, and apply your favourite fingernail polish.
Tips and warnings
- You can, alternatively, load card stock into your printer and print pre-designed fingernail stencils from one of the free stencil maker websites listed in the resource section of this article.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for