Goldwell Colourance is a line of demi-permanent hair dye colours designed for use in professional salons. Colourance comes in several varieties that can be mixed and matched: NN, Acid and Max Red. You can use Colourance shades at home, but you will have to mix the hair dye with a dye developer lotion. Using Goldwell Colourance may take some practice, as it is a bit more complicated than your usual home-dye kit.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Challenging
Things you need
- Old towels
- Mixing bottle
- Plastic gloves
- 20ml Goldwell Colourance shade
- 40ml Goldwell Colourance developer lotion
- Hair clips
- Shower cap
- Timer or clock
- Warm water
Wash and shampoo your hair before applying the dye if you are using Colourance Acid shades. For other Colourance varieties, skip this step.
Read the instructions that come with the dye carefully. Different Colourance dye shades may have different directions.
Put on a pair of plastic gloves to protect your hands from the hair dye chemicals.
Mix 20 millilitres of Colourance dye shade with 40 millilitres of Colourance developer lotion in your Colourance mixing bottle.
Shake the mixing bottle to make sure that the product is carefully mixed.
Put an old towel around your neck to protect your clothes from the dye.
Divide your hair into four sections and secure each section with a claw clip.
Apply the mixture to your hair section by section, making sure to cover the hair from root to end.
Put a shower cap over the hair dye.
Set your timer or make note of the time. You should check the progress of the dye after 15 minutes. Leave the dye on for up to 30 minutes.
Remove the shower cap and rinse your hair with cold water.
Shampoo your hair to retain moisture and apply a leave-in hair treatment product.
Tips and warnings
- Use the NN shades to cover grey hair and Max Red shades for red hair.
- You can mix different types of Colourance shades to create new shades.
- Do not leave the hair dye on for longer than recommended.
- Use a Goldwell developer -- the manufacturers say that this will yield the best results.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for