Making artificial trees can become a hobby that will delight your friends and family, who will probably ask you to make them a tree. You could also sell your trees at holiday craft fairs. You can find a fallen branch to use as a base for your trees walking through a forest. Silk fabric, a leaf punch and fabric stiffener solution are sold at fabric and craft stores.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Thick branch, approximately 4 feet tall, with extending smaller branches
- Green silk fabric in various shades, 2 yards
- Fabric stiffener solution
- Large leaf punch
- Hot glue gun
- Large ceramic flowerpot
- 4.54kg. gravel
Soak the fabric in stiffening solution and let it dry for 1 hour.
Remove all leaves from the branch.
Place the branch in the flowerpot and fill the rest of the pot with gravel to stabilise the branch.
Insert the stiffened fabric between the two edges of the leaf punch. Securely push the leaf punch down on a flat surface to cut and release the fabric leaf.
Hot glue the leaves to the branch at the site of the removed natural leaves, taking care to attach only the bottom edges of the leaves to the branch.
Tips and warnings
- Trace a natural leaf on cardboard to use as a leaf pattern, as an alternative to the leaf punch. Trace around the cardboard pattern with a pencil on the stiffened silk fabric and cut out the leaves with sharp scissors.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for