Fake flowers made from organza or silk can become slightly wilted over time. When you want to create floral arrangements using fake flowers, stiffen them with a special spray designed for this purpose. Even without a stiffening spray, you can stiffen fake flowers using common household ingredients, transforming them into flowers suitable for any arrangement.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Stiffening spray
- Extra-hold hairspray
- Spray starch
Hold the fake flower upside down by the stem.
Spray the stiffening spray, extra-hold hairspray or the spray starch over the underside of the silk petals to saturate them evenly.
Arrange the petals while they are still wet.
Turn the blow-dryer to low and direct warm air onto the fake flower to dry the fabric gently.
Store the stiffened fake flowers in a vase until you are ready to use them in your floral project.
Tips and warnings
- Test for colour fastness by spraying the stiffening product on an inconspicuous spot on the fake flower before proceeding with the stiffening process.
- For increased stiffness, allow the initial application to dry completely and then apply more stiffening product to the flower petals.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for