Konica Minolta 2300 series printers--2300W and 2300DL--are colour laser printers that use an organic photoconductor (OPC) drum cartridge and toner to create printouts. Once the drum cartridge has exceeded its lifespan, a "Drum Cartridge End of Life" message appears on the control panel display. After you see this message, you must replace the cartridge immediately to continue printing clear printouts. Replacement isn't difficult. Konica Minolta has designed the 2300 with an easy-to-access consumable supplies compartment and simple lever-style parts lock system.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- OPC drum cartridge
- Waste toner bottle (optional)
Shut off your Konica Minolta magicolor 2300 printer. Open the front access door.
Grip the waste toner bottle handle and pull it out toward you slightly. Lift the bottle and remove it from the printer. Remove the two caps by unscrewing them counterclockwise. Screw the caps clockwise into the openings on the bottle to seal it. Lean the bottle upright against a wall or other vertical surface for later reuse or disposal.
Turn the transfer belt release lever clockwise until it rests at the 11 o'clock position. Turn the OPC drum unlock/release lever down to unlock the cartridge.
Pull the OPC drum cartridge approximately six inches straight out from its slot within the printer. Place your hand underneath the cartridge and pull the drum out the rest of the way. Set it aside for disposal.
Take the new drum cartridge out of its package without removing the protective sheet or touching any green surfaces.
Align the end of the cartridge in the rails inside the empty drum cartridge slot in the printer. Slide the cartridge into the slot. Push on the handle and cartridge front and pull the protective sheet completely off the drum. Set the sheet aside for disposal. Turn the drum cartridge unlock/release lever up to lock the cartridge in the slot.
Reverse the transfer belt release lever direction counterclockwise until it rests at the 7 o'clock position.
Return the caps to the original positions on the waste toner bottle if you're working with a 2300W printer. Hold the bottle at an angle with the bottle top leaning slightly toward you and the bottom pointing away. Slide the bottom edge into the waste toner bottle compartment ledge on the printer front. Push the top forward until the bottle locks into place. If you're working with the 2300DL, install a new waste toner bottle.
Close the front access door and wait about three minutes for the printer to calibrate. When the calibration ends, the "Ready" light turns on and a message--"PRINTER IDLE" for the 2300W or "IDLE/MAGICOLOR 2300DL" for the 2300DL--appears on the display.
Tips and warnings
- Replace the waste toner bottle on the magicolor 2300DL when you replace the drum cartridge.
- Direct indoor light or sunlight can damage the OPC drum. Exposure to any light source for longer than a few seconds can also cause damage. The drum can become permanently damaged if you scratch it or expose it to skin oils. Never touch the green surfaces of the drum for this reason.
- Opening the front access door during the printer calibration can result in printer malfunction.
- Forcing the drum cartridge into its slot can scratch it.
- Never set the waste toner bottle aside in a horizontal position. Toner may leak from the bottle.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for