There are two ways you can tenderise your meat before you cook it. You can use a meat mallet, also called a meat tenderizer, to beat both sides of your meat. If you do not own one of these handy tools, then you can use a homemade vinegar meat tenderizer recipe. Vinegar works to break down the meat fibres, making them much more tender and easier to chew.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Mixing bowl
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/4 small onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Dash freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Glass cookware
- Cling film
Combine 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar, 1/2 cup of vegetable oil, 2 cloves of chopped garlic, 1/4 of a finely chopped small onion, 1/2 tsp of salt, a dash of freshly ground pepper, 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce and 1/2 tsp of lemon juice in a mixing bowl.
Pour 1/4 of the homemade meat tenderizer into the glass cookware and set the meat on top of it.
Pour the remaining contents of the mixing bowl over top of the meat. Make sure you rub some on the sides of the meat as well.
Cover the glass cookware with a sheet of cling film and place it in the refrigerator.
Remove after 12 to 24 hours and cook as you normally would.
Tips and warnings
- Onion and garlic powder can be substituted for the fresh ingredients if needed.
- If you substitute soy sauce for Worcestershire sauce, don't add salt. Soy sauce is very salty all on its own.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for