Rice makes the perfect side dish for a wide variety of meals because it can be flavoured to complement a number of different foods and it is cheap and fast to make. You can prepare rice quickly from a box with a spice packet already included or you can flavour your own for a delicious taste that you created yourself. After the rice is cooked, you can experiment with it in many different ways to make for an eye-catching and classy presentation.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Chicken, fish or other main dish
- Fresh herbs
Cook the rice according to package directions.
Remove rice from pot and spoon onto a plate in a round shape.
Place one piece of chicken, fish or other main dish in the centre of the rice.
Drizzle a sauce of your choice on top.
Top with basil leaves, mint leaves or other fresh herbs for a nice touch.
Tips and warnings
- You can use any kind of sauce to give the rice a colourful and splashy presentation, as well as add a burst of flavour to the dish. The best option is to choose one that complements the main dish that you chose. For example, if you are having chicken with your rice, use a tomato-based sauce, a raspberry vinaigrette or a French dressing marinade. For fish, something with mustard or wine pairs well with the other flavours.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for