Mobile phones are set up on a computer network. Many newer models come equipped with multimedia messaging, or MMS. With MMS you can easily send a picture, and the mobile will open it through this function. If the phone you want to send the photo to doesn't have MMS, you can e-mail the photo to the phone. Each mobile phone is attached to an e-mail address tied to its carrier.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Attach the photo you want to send to the phone in an e-mail.
Resize the photo if necessary. Choose the "Small" option from the resizing list in your e-mail, or manually resize to a maximum of 640 by 320 pixels before attaching.
Address the email to the cell phone number (at) the specific carrier's text domain. Here is a short list for the main carriers in the United States as examples:
Virgin Mobile: email@example.com
Tips and warnings
- You will need to know the carrier of the mobile you are sending to for the email to work.
- Basic cell phone models are not capable of receiving pictures.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for