Fossil replaces batteries for a fee, but it is cheaper to buy a replacement battery for your Fossil F2 watch and change it yourself. Watch battery replacement does not require speciality knowledge, although some general technical skill is required.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Small flathead screwdriver
- Replacement battery
Insert the flathead screwdriver into the hole in the back of the watch.
Turn the cover to the left until it comes loose.
Lift the seal that covers the battery using the tip of the screw driver.
Apply light pressure to the spring attached to the battery latch. This releases the latch to give you access to the battery.
Remove the used battery.
Insert the new battery.
Close the latch to secure the battery.
Replace the seal that covers the battery.
Lay the watch cover over the seal. Use a screwdriver to turn the cover to the right until it locks into place.
Test the watch to be sure the battery replacement corrected the problem.
Tips and warnings
- Watch batteries are sold at most jewellery counters in department stores and at hardware stores.
- Be careful when removing the watch components, because it is easy to damage your watch.
- Do not force off the F2 back panel, which sometimes is tight, because excessive pressure could break the crystal of the watch. If you are unable to remove the panel, you may want to take it to a professional.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for