Resetting an ink cartridge requires you to know and understand when your cartridge needs to be reset. Frequent problems that require you to reset your ink cartridge include the alignment and/or uncleanliness of the ink cartridge. Purchase a universal ink cartridge re-setter to assist. The device can reset the chip in your ink cartridge for better results (see Resources).
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Ink cartridge re-setter (available online or at major electronic retailers)
Turn off the printer and then unplug the printer from your wall outlet. Open up your printer to expose the printer's ink cartridge.
Unhook the ink cartridge's latch and take the cartridge out. Close the latch and your printer's hood and plug in your printer. Turn on your printer and it will adjust the ink cartridge's holder.
Use a dry, soft cloth to wipe down the shiny strip of the ink cartridge. After wiping the strip, pour a little bit of rubbing alcohol onto the same soft cloth and wipe the rest of the ink cartridge.
Place the ink cartridge into the chip re-setter. Angle the ink cartridge so that it slides and locks into place displaying a red light. Hold the cartridge for 5-9 seconds, then take it off the re-setter.
Unplug and turn off the printer again. Open the printer and then replace the ink cartridges. Complete by plugging in and turning on the printer again and printing out a test page.
Tips and warnings
- You can purchase the re-setter at local electronic department stores, such as Best Buy, Walmart or Frys.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for