The Panasonic Viera is a line of high-definition television sets, each equipped with a variety of connection jacks for hookup to different types of audio-visual components, including computers and laptops. Connecting a sound cable between a PC and the Viera makes it possible to enjoy digital audio from the computer on the television's built-in speakers. A Y-adaptor available at electronics and stereo stores is needed to adapt the PC audio jack for connection to a standard stereo cable.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Y-adaptor with mini-plug on one end and two standard 1/4-inch audio jacks on the other
- Stereo cable with two 1/4-inch audio plugs on each end
Insert the plug on the Y-adaptor into the Line OUT jack, typically on the back of a PC tower or the edge of a laptop.
Insert the two plugs on one end of the stereo cable into the jacks on the Y-adaptor.
Connect the two plugs on the opposite side of the stereo cable to a set of audio input jacks on the back panel of the Viera HDTV. If all jacks are in use, it will be necessary to disconnect a component from the TV so the jacks can be used for the computer audio connection. Match the white and red plugs on the cable to the white and red jacks on the TV.
Tips and warnings
- Turn off the Viera while connecting the sound cable.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for