Thule roof bars are a great aftermarket accessory for your car, truck or SUV. They make it possible to load your prized possessions atop your rig. Giving you the ability to transport skis, snowboards, bikes or kayaks. Thule load bars remain the recreation enthusiast's perfect accoutrement. Imagine: less time packing and more time enjoying powder turns, buff singletrack or raging whitewater.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Car, Truck or SUV with a factory-installed luggage rack
- Thule 532 Ride-on Adapter
Slide the four provided carriage bolts through the bottom of the four square washers.
Position two of the washers on the load bars with the bar ribs facing up. Make sure to place the washers no less than 52.5 cm (21 inches) apart.
Repeat this process with the other two washers and load bar.
Thread each of the four carriage bolts into the four top mounting clamps.
Apply provided rubber pads to the four bottom mounting clamps by peeling off their backing and affixing them into position.
Mount the front bar assembly to the factory rack cross bar by placing it between the top and bottom clamps.
Thread the tamper-proof screws into either side of the mounting clamps. Use the provided Allen wrench to tighten them snugly.
Repeat the same process for the rear rack assembly.
Snap the end caps onto each end of the load bars to complete the installation.
Tips and warnings
- Make sure not to over-tighten the carriage bolts when threading them through the top mounting clamps, as this could cause the clamps to crack.
- When placing the rack assembly onto the factory cross bars, make sure there is at least 60 cm (24 inches) of separation. If not, reposition the factory cross bars on your vehicle.
- Check the tightness of all mounting hardware before attaching your load carrier. The hardware should be checked regularly, especially after travelling on unmade roads, to make sure it has not rattled loose.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for