Adding a confetti shooter to your next party or event is a great way to add an extra spark of festivity that will make your event memorable. Unfortunately confetti shooters tend to run on the expensive side either to buy or rent. If, however, you have a little bit of DIY spirit in you, consider rolling your own confetti cannon and see just how fun and easy it can be.
This is a project you can make as simple or complex as you choose. The Internet if full of complex pneumatic and pyrotechnic confetti shooter plans. If this is your first foray into confetti cannons it's best to start simple and build one that takes only a handful of components. "Modd3d": Build a Pneumatic Confetti Cannon
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Electric leaf blower
- Plastic cup of a slightly larger diameter than the leaf blower nozzle
- Hobby knife
- Medium gauge wire mesh
- Wire cutters
- Duct tape
- Fire retardant confetti
Center the blower end of the leaf blower on the bottom of your cup and trace around the nozzle on the bottom of the cup, creating a circle of approximately the same size as the nozzle opening.
Using a hobby knife, cut the traced circle out of the bottom of the cup.
With the diameter of the leaf blower nozzle as your guide, use the wire cutters to cut a circle out of the medium-gauge wire mesh that is slightly bigger than the nozzle.
Insert the nozzle through the bottom of the cup and place the wire mesh on top of the nozzle.
Bend the sides of the mesh around the nozzle so that the mesh cups the sides of the nozzle. Secure the mesh to the sides of the nozzle with several wraps of duct tape.
Using several wrappings of duct tape on the blower nozzle, create a bumper underneath the cup that will hold it in place at the end of the nozzle. The pressure between the bumper and the tape securing the mesh will be enough to hold the loader in place.
Plug in the leaf blower, drop a handful of fire retardant confetti into the loader and flip the switch.
Reload the cannon by turning off the leaf blower and adding another handful of confetti.
Create an interesting effect by mixing metallic confetti with your standard confetti.
Tips and warnings
- Fire retardant confetti is specially formulated to be safe for use indoors and outdoors. Additionally it is much lighter than using scraps of paper so it will give you better distance and spread with each volley.
- Use caution with the hobby knife and wire cutters. Both are very sharp and can cause injury.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for