The rotors on a Honda Accord and the disk brakes will commonly be located behind both front wheels and on some newer models on the rear wheels as well. The rotors will be secured to the axle of the Honda by four or five nuts that are connected to the lower control arm. The brake caliper will be mounted to the top of each rotor and the brake pads are located on the inside of the brake caliper.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Lug wrench
- Floor jack
- 2 jack stands
- Ratchet set
- Replacement rotors
- Replacement brake pads
Loosen the wheel nuts on both front wheels using the lug wrench and raise the front end using the floor jack. Lower the Accord onto the two jack stands to support the weight and then remove the wheels from the axle.
Loosen the nuts on the rear left and right side of the brake calipers using the ratchet set and then pull the calipers off the top of each rotor. Remove the nuts that secure the rotor to the axle using the ratchet set and pull the rotors off the axle.
Place the new rotors onto the axle and tighten the nuts to the torque specifications for the specific year of Honda that you are working on. Pull the two brake pads from the calipers using your hands and force the piston in the caliper back into the hole using the handle of the ratchet.
Slide the replacement brake pads into the caliper. Replace the calipers to the top of each rotor and tighten the nuts on the rear of the caliper to the torque specification for your model Accord. Replace the wheels to the axle and the wheel nuts to the wheel.
Raise the Accord up with the floor jack and remove the two jack stands. Lower the Accord to the ground and tighten the lug nuts to the torque specifications for that specific year Honda Accord.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for
- "Honda Accord Automotive Repair Manual 1994 through 1997 (Haynes Auto Repair Manual Series)"; Jay Storer and John Harold Haynes; 1999
- "Honda Accord 1998 through 2002: All Models (Haynes Repair Manual)"; Jay Storer; 2005
- "Honda Accord Repair Manual 2003-2005 (Haynes Automotive Repair Manual)"; Robert Maddox and John H. Haynes; 2006