Although vitamins are not yet set to come in beer flavours, the Ask Men website reports that light to moderate beer drinking may have positive health benefits, such as a reduction in the chance of stroke, lowering coronary heart disease and increasing good cholesterol. Whether you’re looking to improve your health, repurpose throwaway objects instead of sending them to the recycling bin or simply enjoy cracking open a cold can of suds, you can make a beer can hat with a few simple steps to ensure you’re never too far away from a fresh brew.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Hat (baseball cap or helmet)
- Beer logo stickers (optional)
- Strip of hook and loop fasteners
- 2 car cup holders
- Super glue
- 1 yard of 1/4 inch plastic tubing
- 2 beer cans
Cover your hat with any beer logo stickers or other preferred designs.
Glue a strip of hook and loop fasteners over the top of the hat from one ear to the other and let it dry. While the strip drys, cut another piece of hook and loop fastener; glue it to the long, flat end of a cup holder; and let it dry. Repeat this process with the other cup holder.
Attach the hook and loop fasteners on the cup holders to the sides of the hat, making sure they don’t interfere with your hearing or bump uncomfortably against your head. If they do, just detach the fasteners and move them into a better place.
Measure the plastic tubing and cut off a 1-foot piece. Cut the other piece of tube exactly in half.
Attach the two longer pieces of tube to the sides of the T-connector on the short ends. Attach the 1-foot piece of tube into the base of the T-connector. Dab a dot of glue to the backside of the T-connector and press it firmly to the top of the hat. Hold it in place until it's secure.
Load two beer cans into the cup holders. Direct the two plastic tubes down into the can. Trim off any excess length on either side.
Tips and warnings
- Auto supply stores sell inexpensive cup holders.
- Make a drinking hat for an underage friend or a big soda fan by slipping two cans of soda into the cup holders.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for