Pine tree sap is sticky and adheres to almost everything it comes against, and it is especially tough to remove from clothing. Before you throw that article of clothing away, however, you may be surprised to know that the solution to removing that sap could be in one of your cupboards.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Rubbing alcohol
Rub the spot with rubbing alcohol. You can also use bug repellent, hand sanitiser, fingernail polish remover, lighter fluid, gas, or WD-40. If you believe this will ruin your clothing, mix a solution of laundry powder and water together to make a paste. Rub it into the stained area and wait a half hour.
Fill the washing machine with warm water and the usual amount of detergent.
Place the pine sap soiled clothing into the washing machine. Do not add any other clothes to the washing machine.
Wash the item as usual.
Tips and warnings
- For leather, rub the stain with smooth creamy peanut butter.
- Be careful with the flammable liquids like gas and lighter fluid. If you use too much, this could ignite in the washing machine when it changes cycles.
- Test these products on a hidden spot on clothes before using.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for