Plastic pop bottle dolls are similar to 3-D paper dolls. They just have to be weighted down to stand up. You can make all sorts of dolls out of plastic bottles. You can make people or animals. You can even make larger ones out of 2 litre (67 fl oz) bottles and use them as door stops.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 473 ml (16 fl oz) plastic bottle
- 20 by 27.5 cm (8 by 11 inch) paper
- Masking tape
- White glue
- Tissue paper
- Googly eyes
- Aluminium foil
Rip the label off of a 473 ml (16 fl oz) bottle. Wash the bottle out and let it dry.
Unscrew the cap and use the funnel to fill the bottle 1/2 full of rice. Recap the bottle.
Crumple a piece of printer paper into a ball to make the head of the doll and place it over the neck of the bottle.
Tape the masking tape around the paper head and the neck of the bottle.
Tear up the tissue paper into 7.5 cm (3 inch) long strips.
Cover the head in white glue and lay the strips of tissue paper across it, covering the head completely in three layers of tissue paper. Let it dry for an hour.
Glue the googly eyes to the tissue paper head.
Crumple the tinfoil into two 10 cm (4 inch) long, 1.2 cm (1/2 inch) wide arms. Wrap the arms in masking tape.
Tape the arms to the body 2/3 of the way up the bottle using the masking tape.
Coat the arms and body of the doll in white glue.
Tear up 7.5 cm (3 inch) and 15 cm (6 inch) long strips of tissue paper.
Cover the arms and body in three layers of tissue paper. Let it dry for an hour.
Tips and warnings
- You can use fabric instead of tissue paper and sew it onto the bottle.
- You can add yarn for hair.
- You can use sand instead of rice to fill the bottle.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for