The Lexmark X1270 All-In-One printer and scanner is discontinued, but replacement parts and print cartridges are still available. The X1270 uses two print cartridges: a colour cartridge and a black cartridge. The black print cartridge will normally last longer than the colour cartridge, but this will depend on how often you print in colour. You can replace one at a time, or both at the same time. Wearing gloves during the procedure is recommended to prevent ink from getting on your hands.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Replacement print cartridge
Lift the scanner unit (not the lid, but the entire unit) all the way up until the rear legs lock into position (your X1270 must be turned on). Wait a few moments for the cartridge carrier to move into its loading position.
Pull up the tabs on the cartridge carrier cover to expose the print cartridges. Carefully pull the old print cartridge out (the black cartridge is on the right; the colour cartridge is on the left). Immediately store the old cartridge in a disposable, sealable container or bag (such as a freezer bag).
Pull off the stickers and tape from the bottom part of the new cartridge. This exposes the print head and its gold contacts--do not touch them. Insert the new cartridge into its mount. Push it down to lock it in. Lower the tab to cover the cartridge carrier. Close the scanner unit to finish.
Tips and warnings
- Consider recycling your old print cartridge. Not only is it better for the environment, but it can net you extra cash. See "Resources" to find a centre near you.
- The colour cartridge part number is 10N0026 (number 26); the black cartridge part number is 10N0016 (number 26).
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for