If you've recently purchased a pair of Rainbow sandals, the temptation to show them off around town may be high, but it's important to break them in before you do that. Once you've completed this "rite of passage," you can count yourself among the true and proud Rainbow sandal owners.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Buy sandals in your size. Rainbow sandals sizes aren't numbered, so be sure to consult the size guide on their website (see resources).
Put the sandals on your bare feet and walk in some water, fresh or salt, just long enough to get the sandals wet. This will help soften the leather and mould the sandals to your feet.
Walk around until the sandals are dry. This will take 30 minutes to one hour. Remove the sandals.
Walk around the house in your dry Rainbow sandals for 30 minutes at a time. Do this every three to four hours while you're awake.
Repeat Steps 2 to 4 over a three to four day period and your Rainbow sandals should be broken in enough so that you can walk in them for a day.
Tips and warnings
- Use leather moisturiser to help speed up the softening process.
- Salt water works best for breaking in Rainbow sandals.
- Remove the sandals immediately if you start to feel any irritation or soreness on your feet.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for