You can make popcorn in a microwave plastic popcorn popper that is healthier and less expensive than bagged microwaveable popcorn brands. The microwave popper just uses regular popcorn kernels and does not require any added oil or butter. Instead, it concentrates the heat of the microwave to pop the kernels without burning them. In fact, using oil increases the chances of your popcorn burning before all of the kernels pop, and it also deteriorates the interior of the plastic popcorn popper.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Plastic microwave popcorn popper
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
Add 1/3 cup popcorn kernels to the popcorn popper.
Cover and microwave on "High" power for one to three minutes.
Stand by the microwave oven and listen to the popping. Remove the plastic popcorn popper when the sounds slow to one to two seconds between pops, even if time remains on the microwave timer.
Remove the lid and serve the popcorn immediately, topped with melted butter and salt if desired.
Tips and warnings
- You can also use these instructions to pop the popcorn in a 1-1/2 quart round glass bowl with a lid.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for