A German doctor named Klaus Märtens designed the Dr. Martens footwear. The footwear grew in popularity in the 1960s and has for decades been the apparel of choice for those who are a part of various subcultures. With quality material and rugged design, Doc Marten shoes, boots and sandals are built to last. The better care you provide for your Doc Martens, the longer they will last.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Dr. Martens Wonder Balsam
- Soft cloth
Take out the shoelaces from your Doc Martens. If they are dirty you can either wash them or replace them.
Place your shoes onto the newspaper and wet the cloth. Clean your Doc Martens thoroughly. Use a shoe brush to get in between the crevices of the shoe or simply use the cloth. Allow the shoes to dry fully.
Apply Dr. Martens Wonder Balsam. This product will clean and soften the leather, and it also works as a protectant and barrier against liquids and salt. Wonder Balsam comes with a sponge for application. Rub the Wonder Balsam on the shoes and let sit for five minutes.
Tips and warnings
- If you want to make your shoes more comfortable, consider purchasing a pair of insoles. For a nice shoe or boot shine, you can use wax, polish, a soft shoe brush or a shoeshine sponge. But if you use the Dr. Martens Wonder Balsam, you won't need to polish unless you want a shine in between cleanings. For proper maintenance, clean your Doc Martens every three months.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for