For some people, going grey can be scary. Several may attempt to cover up their greying hair by going to the salon or hair colour section of their favourite department store. However, what most people may not have realised is that they can dye their hair safely at home without resorting to chemicals. Using a few tea bags and some simple herbs you can dye your grey hair naturally. This cheap and easy method takes little time and can be less of a hassle than running to your local stylist.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Tea bags
Boil one cup of water in a large pan. Adding three tea bags to the water allow the tea to steep. Add one teaspoon each of rosemary and sage (either fresh or dried) to the tea. Allow the tea to sit for 24 hours.
Strain the tea. Pour the tea into a large enough bowl to place the majority of your head into. (If you prefer you can pour the tea into a spray bottle, these can be bought at almost any department store and are relatively cheap in price).
Shampoo your hair as you normally do. Pour the tea onto your hair making sure you cover your whole head with the tea. (You can use the spray bottle to spray the mixture onto your head instead if this method is easier for you). Slightly dry your hair with a towel but do not rinse. Your hair should be darker in colour almost immediately but you may need to continue the process until you reach the colour you want.
Tips and warnings
- You may have to try this method several times before reaching the results you wish to achieve.
- Black teas will attain a darker brown/black colour and are best to use when trying to cover grey hair.
- You may want to wear gloves when putting the tea in your hair to prevent staining.
- Be careful to keep tea away from clothing when dying your hair with it, since it may stain.
- Make sure you are not allergic to the tea or any of the herbs before putting them in your hair.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for