Microsoft PowerPoint is the main method of displaying a presentation on a computer. If you need to present to a large audience, you can use an overhead projector as a display for the PowerPoint presentation. In addition, using the projector allows the presentation to be displayed in a way that is more comfortable than using a laptop or regular monitor.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- VGA cable
- Laptop or computer with Microsoft PowerPoint installed
- Presentation clicker
Turn on the laptop computer, and open the Microsoft PowerPoint application.
Connect the laptop to the projector with the VGA cable. The VGA port is typically located on the back of both the laptop and the projector. If the projector is already in a fixed position, such as a ceiling, the port may be on a podium or other important place on the stage.
Connect the presentation clicker to the computer via the USB adaptor provided. If you have never used the clicker, you will need to wait a few moments for the laptop to recognise and install the drivers needed for the device.
Set your laptop to use the projector as its display. This can typically be done by holding down the "FN" key on your laptop and pressing the "F" key (not the key for the letter "F") that has an LCD icon on it.
Set up the screen so that it fits the display of the projector.
Start the PowerPoint presentation. Use the clicker to move between slides.
Tips and warnings
- Some computers allow you to display the presentation on both the laptop and the projector.
- Use an outline of the presentation so you don't get lost.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for