Steam cleaners use intensely heated water and a forceful stream of air to clean surfaces without the aid of harsh cleaning agents. Mold, grease, grime and grout grunge are all easily removed with a quick steam cleaning. People who have allergies or breathing problems benefit greatly from steam cleaning because they do not have to breathe in irritating fumes during the cleaning process. Steam cleaning is also efficient. Steam cleaners can remove virtually 100 per cent of the dirt on ceramic tiles and in the grout lines.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Steam cleaner
- Steam cleaner wand
- Steam cleaner towels
- Brush attachments (large and small)
Remove all furniture and decorative or other items from the cleaning area. Brush all dust and loose dirt from the ceramic tile with a broom or dusting cloth.
Fill the steam machine with hot water, and plug it in. Locate the spray-control knob, and determine the setting that you will need to use to clean the tile. A medium-intensity setting is recommended for ceramic tile.
Attach the cleaning wand and large cleaning brush attachment to the steam cleaner. Place the towel on the wand using the front two clips only.
Mop your tile with the large cleaning brush using a long, firm motion. Flip the towel so that it covers the cleaning brushes, and run the towel back over the section you have just mopped. Repeat this process until all of the tiles have been steam cleaned.
Remove the large cleaner attachment and replace it with the small brush attachment. Clean along the grout lines using the small brush attachment. Wipe away loosened dirt and excess moisture with a soft towel.
Unplug and disassemble the cleaner. Allow the tile to dry thoroughly, and restore the furniture and other items to their original locations.
Tips and warnings
- When steam cleaning tile, you should focus on the least dirty areas first and work your way to the dirtiest areas. This method preserves the cleanliness of the cleaning equipment, which means you will have to change the cleaning towel less often.
- Focus on corners and the edges of the tile first, and then tackle larger areas.
- Steam cleaning will not remove deep-set stains and discolourations. If your ceramic tile is old, it may look yellow or discoloured after steam cleaning, but you can rest assured that all of the dirt has been removed.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for