EuroMillions is a rolling jackpot lottery game that is played in Spain, France, the UK, Ireland, Luxembourg, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria and Portugal. The draw happens every Friday night in Paris, but can be watched on television in the participating countries. Players must match a minimum of three numbers to win a prize. The game can be played online or tickets can be purchased in person from participating retailers. In 2007, a group of three winners took home a jackpot of more than 183,000,000 euro, one of the largest pay outs in the world.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Two euros or two GBP per line that you wish to play
Get a EuroMillions payslip from a National Lottery Agent. Age restrictions vary by country. You must be 16 years old to play in the UK , while in Ireland, players must be at least 18.
Choose five numbers between 1 and 50 (inclusive), and two lucky star numbers between 1 and 9 (inclusive). Mark your chosen numbers on the ticket by making a vertical line with a blue or black pen or pencil across the numbers.
Repeat the procedure for each set of numbers that you wish to play. Alternatively, select the Quick Pick option, where the computer will select a combination of numbers for you.
Bring your payslip to the counter, where it will be exchanged for your ticket. Each line you play will cost £2GBP in the UK or €2 euro in other participating countries.
Check your numbers after the draw. If you are a winner, contact the lottery for the country where the ticket was purchased. The contact details will be listed on the back of your ticket. You can also bring your ticket into a National Lottery Agent, who can check the numbers for you.
Tips and warnings
- To play EuroMillions online, register with the website for the country in which you live. A list of these websites is available under the FAQs section of the website for the National Lottery of Ireland (resource 1).
- If you have a winning ticket, you can only collect your money from the country where the ticket was purchased. Buy your ticket online to avoid this stipulation.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for