Pierced ears are an accessory for men and women, but occasionally the piercings may have to be hidden for a job or for classes that have a policy against piercings. Sometimes, taking out ear jewellery is not possible for long periods, such as an eight-hour shift or day of classes, as the holes may shrink or close. Covering the piercing with a bandage can cause complications to the piercing by applying pressure and creating irritation. Visiting your local piercing shop can give you a solution that is healthy for your piercing.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Clear retainers
Wait for six to eight weeks until the initial piercing of your ear lobes has healed and any swelling related to healing has ceased.
Find a professional piercing shop, or revisit the shop that originally pierced your ears.
Purchase two clear retainers for your ears. The retainers have a disk that will lie flush with your ear lobe and hide the piercing. The piercer will advise you about the size and length of the clear retainers necessary for your ears, as everyone's anatomy is different.
Hold a mirror while the piercer inserts the retainers so you know how to change into the retainers before work or school and how to insert regular earrings back into your ear lobes during leisure time.
Tips and warnings
- Practice inserting the retainers into your ear lobe piercings the night before to ensure you can accomplish the task in the morning before work or school.
- Never buy jewellery from a vendor that is not a professional piercing shop.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for