The Dell Inspiron 9400 has three connection options, allowing it to send a video signal to most modern displays, including external computer monitors or TVs. If you need to bring the output of your Inspiron 9400 to a larger video display, connect it to a TV using an S-video, VGA or DVI cable.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- S-Video, VGA or DVI cable
- Television or computer monitor with S-video, VGA or DVI input
Examine the TV to see what inputs are available.
Select the appropriate cable to connect the computer to the TV.
Shut down the Inspiron 9400. Connect it to your TV using the appropriate cable. All of the video output ports are located on the back of the Inspiron.
Turn the notebook and television on.
Hit the "Fn" and "F8" keys on the Inspiron's keyboard at the same time to change the display between the Inspiron, the TV, or both the Inspiron and TV. The setting will stay until it is changed or the video cable is disconnected.
Tips and warnings
- If you do not have a television with an S-video, DVI or VGA input, you may still be able to connect your Inspiron 9400 to a TV using an adaptor. Purchase an S-video-to-Composite adaptor to connect your Inspiron to a TV with RCA inputs or a VGA-to-Component adaptor to connect it to a TV with component inputs. The Inspiron can be connected to a TV with an HDMI input by using a DVI-to-HDMI adaptor.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for