Remote keyless entry is a convenience most people take for granted, until something happens to their remote. Whether you've lost a keyless entry remote for your Ford Focus and need to program the replacement, or you're simply adding additional keyless entry remotes to your system, there's no need to go to the dealership to have your remotes reprogrammed. By following these simple steps, you can reprogram all your keyless entry remotes at home.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Ford Focus
- All keyless entry remotes
Sit in the car with the doors shut and unlocked, and with your seat belt fastened to avoid interference from the seat belt reminder chime.
Put the key in the ignition, and turn it from position one ("Off") to position three ("On") rapidly eight times within 10 seconds, ending in position three.
The Ford Focus doors will lock and unlock automatically, signalling that the car is in remote keyless entry programming mode.
Within 20 seconds, press any button on each keyless remote. After each remote is programmed, the car doors will automatically lock and unlock to confirm successful programming. When all remotes have been programmed, turn the ignition to position one. The doors will automatically lock and unlock, confirming that remote keyless entry programming is complete.
Tips and warnings
- Each time you add a remote, all the remotes currently in use need to be reprogrammed.
- Pressing the brake pedal will interfere with the reprogramming process.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for