There are many variations and recipes for cheese paste. Most people will probably remember their mother's classic pimento cheese sandwiches, but there are a lot of other things you can do to make cheese paste. Basically, making a cheese paste is allowing your cooking creativity to go wild. There are no right or wrong recipes, and finding one you like will be up to your own personal taste.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- ½ lb. cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ lb. Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt & pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp dill
- large plastic bowl
- food processor
Grate your cheeses in a large plastic bowl and allow them to soften. This will make working with the cheese a bit easier than if you tried to mix all the ingredients while the cheese was still cold and hard.
Chop your garlic and onion. If you prefer a cheese paste that has more of a garlic taste to it, you can add additional cloves. This is also true with the onion. If you don't have fresh garlic, you can substitute with garlic powder.
Mash your cheeses together using a fork if you don't have a food processor. Continue mixing until all the cheese has mixed together. Add your mayonnaise to the cheese to help soften it and make mixing it easier. It will also make the paste more pliable.
Add all your other ingredients into the plastic bowl with the mixed cheese. Continue mixing until all the ingredients are mixed together.
Chill your cheese paste for approximately 1 hour to overnight before using. The longer you allow the cheese paste to sit, the more the taste of the other seasonings will set into the mixture. You can use your cheese paste on crackers, bread or make a sandwich out of it. It should keep in the refrigerator for approximately one week.
Tips and warnings
- Add ingredients such as jalape�o peppers, celery, scallions or any other spice you desire to the cheese paste.
- You can also use cream cheese instead of mayonnaise in your cheese paste mixture.
- Substitute the cheeses in the recipe with any other cheese you prefer.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for