Becoming a model for Gap takes a lot of work, especially since Gap does not work with models individually. In order to become a Gap model, there are specific steps that a person must take to get noticed by the company and ultimately work for them.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Challenging
Things you need
- Professional photos
- Model portfolio
- Gap clothing
Book a photo shoot through a professional portrait studio. Wear all Gap clothing when getting your photos taken.
Create a modelling portfolio including your full name, age, height, weight, clothing sizes, and a description of the type of modelling that you do. This portfolio should also include photos of yourself including a head shot and a body shot. Be sure to include information stating that you are interested in working as a model for Gap.
Join a modelling agency. Gap does not work with individual models and instead books models from agencies. You may also call your local modelling agencies and see if they are holding any "Open Calls" where you simply go in to audition without creating and providing a portfolio. Do research on the modelling agency that you wish to join in order to see if they have worked with Gap before. This is a must if you wish to work with Gap in the future.
Join a modelling website such as Model Mayhem (see references). Specify that you wish to work as a Gap model.
Contact Gap through their website (see references) with all of your information, including the agency with which you work, your portfolio, and any other relevant information such as your location and availability. Although Gap does not meet with individual models, it will not hurt to contact them and give it a shot.
Tips and warnings
- Relocate to New York if at all possible. All adult Gap models are shot in New York, and there are no exceptions.
- When taking photographs or going to an "open call," try to look as natural as possible. Wear light make-up, and if you have bad skin, try to wear make-up that still allows you to look natural.
- Never pay any fees or money if a modelling agency asks you upfront. If you are signed, you must pay for your photos, but you should never have to pay the agency itself.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for