Miniature bottle brush trees are easy to make and can be used to create a forest for a model train set or a Christmas tree in a dollhouse or village. Although simple to make, they look surprisingly realistic and are much more inexpensive than purchasing miniature trees.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Bottle brush
- Wire cutters
- Brown or forest green spray paint
- Coarse ground foam of desired tree colour
- Miniature pot
- Floral foam
Use wire cutters to cut the bottle brush to the height you want for the tree. Leave room at the bottom to insert the "trunk" of the tree into the floral foam.
Cut a chunk of the floral foam. Insert the bottom of the tree into the floral foam. Place the foam into a miniature pot or other container of your choice.
Trim the brush with scissors so that its shape resembles a tree. You can thin out the "branches" if the brush is too bushy.
Spray paint the brush. Use a heavy coat of paint. Do this outside if at all possible. If you have to do it inside, cover the work area with plastic.
Sprinkle ground foam on the tree while it is still wet. Let dry completely.
Tips and warnings
- To create a snowy effect, spray the bottle brush trees with flocking.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for