If you are sensitive to wheat, or just trying to cut back, try this quick and easy, no flour oatmeal cookie recipe. Add to the fibre filled oats and deep brown sugar your choice of chocolate chips, raisins or craisins, and you have a delicious cookie that is hearty and healthy. With a tall glass of cold milk, it is a perfect snack.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1 c. shortening
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. white sugar
- 1 c. peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 5 c. oatmeal
- Chocolate chips, raisins, craisins (optional)
- Mixer with mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cup
- Baking tray
- Parchment paper (optional)
- Small spoon
Cream together shortening, brown sugar and white sugar in your mixer. Blend until completely incorporated and smooth.
Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. The mixture should be smooth and fluffy.
Add the peanut butter, soda and vanilla. Mix until blended.
Add the oatmeal 1 cup at a time. Make sure that each cup is evenly incorporated.
Spoon small mounds onto a parchment covered baking tray. Gently press down on each cookie to partially flatten it. Bake at 176 degrees Cor 10 minutes.
Tips and warnings
- Parchment paper will ensure that your cookies bake evenly without the addition of added grease on the baking tray. It is available in grocery stores and speciality stores.
- Every oven bakes differently. Watch your first pan of cookies carefully to determine the perfect baking time for your oven.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for