Look like you have just stepped out of the Jazz Age with a look inspired by the woman of the 1920s--the ever-sophisticated flapper. In just a few simple steps, anyone can create this memorable look.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Professional eye shadow brush
- White eye shadow
- False eyelashes (half-length)
- Kohl eyeliner in black
- Black eye shadow
- Black mascara
- Liquid black eyeliner
- Peach or rose-coloured blush
- Red lip liner
- Matte red lipstick
Using a professional eye shadow brush, gently apply white eye shadow from the lashes onto the eyelid. Glide shadow all the way up to the base of your brow bone.
Gently apply the half-length false eyelashes at the centre point of your eyelid, pressing each one firmly above your natural lash line.
Using your kohl eyeliner (in black), blend the colour into the tip of lashes so the eyelash adhesive is not visible. Fill in your entire eye area all the way up to your brow bone, then use black eye shadow to shade any gaps and soften the look.
Apply white eye shadow under the brow bone and blend in toward your outer eye corner.
Using your kohl eyeliner once again, draw a thick line under your bottom lash. Using your finger or a Q-tip, gently smudge your eyeliner for a sultry, wide eye look.
Using liquid eyeliner, create a thin line over the top lashes. Extend the line out past outer eye corner.
Apply rose or peach-coloured blush to your cheeks.
Accentuate lips by applying red lip liner. Fill in with matt red lipstick.
Tips and warnings
- When colouring in your eye lid with the kohl black eyeliner, focus on defining your inner eye corner, rather than the outer corner.
- When applying mascara, allow the first coat to dry before applying a second layer. Wiggle the wand slowly as you comb it through your lashes--this helps create volume by extending the lashes.
- Since the flapper look is defined by dramatic eyes and lips, keep the rest of your make-up simple.
- Make sure your lipstick matches your skin tone. When selecting a red lipstick, women with cool, or pink, undertones should pick pink reds, berry reds, brick reds or plum reds. If you have warm, or yellow, skin undertones, however, orange reds, brown reds, golden reds or tomato reds work best.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for