Instead of eating pancakes out the box, gather a few staple ingredients around the kitchen and make your own. The ingredients are simple and are part of every cook's kitchen.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups of flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of milk, depending on desired thickness
- Pinch of salt
- Butter or cooking oil
- Large mixing bowl
Heat a small amount of cooking oil in a frying pan. If you would rather use butter instead, just heat the frying pan without the butter until you are ready to add pancake mix.
Mix flour, sugar, egg and milk together in a large mixing bowl. Mix well until all ingredients are blended. Then slowly add water until the batter is not too thick yet not too thin. The thicker the batter, the thicker the pancakes will be. Continue to mix until there are no lumps in the batter.
Add about 1 tsp of butter into the hot frying pan if you are cooking with butter. Once the butter turns brown, slowly pour patter into the frying pan to form a pancake. If your pan is large enough, you can make more than one pancake at a time. If you are cooking with oil, slowly pour batter into the pan with warmed oil. Again, if your pan is big enough, you can make more than one pancake at a time. Let pancakes fry for two to four minutes.
Separate the pancakes with a spatula once they begin to bubble and dry at the top, and carefully flip them over. Allow the other side to cook for two to three minutes.
Once both sides of pancakes are brown, remove from the frying pan and butter. Eat with syrup and enjoy.
Tips and warnings
- This recipe can be easily modified to make cinnamon pancakes, blueberry pancakes, chocolate chip pancakes, or pretty much any flavour you desire. Just combine the desired flavour into the large bowl along with the other ingredients in Step 2.
- Don't over mix the batter, just stir until it is all combined.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for