Barbie hit the toy shelves in 1957. This doll's style has evolved over time but has never lost its feminine and trendy edge. Although you can purchase Barbie costumes to wear next Halloween, you can also make one yourself. Look at several Barbie dolls and you will see many reoccurring themes. From the high heels to the pink wardrobe, Barbie's style is easy to duplicate.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Pink dress
- High heels
- Flashy jewelry
- Pink pocketbook
Choose your dress. Although a pink dress is best, any ultra-feminine pink clothes will work.
Cut a slit up the back of the dress. Line the slit with stick-on Velcro to imitate the closures in real Barbie clothes.
Accessorize with rhinestones or other flashy jewelry. Barbie wears jewelry that is noticeable from afar; chandelier, big hoop earrings, and pearls are all good choices.
Apply your makeup using light blue eye shadow, pink blush and pink lipstick or gloss. Apply your makeup sparingly, if you like, because not all Barbie dolls have excessive makeup.
Style your hair using a flat iron. Classic Barbies have long straight blond hair. However, if you are not blond and unwilling to wear a wig, any hair color will do.
Complete the costume with high heels and a cute pocketbook to match.
Tips and warnings
- Barbie cannot bend her arms. For an added touch, mimic Barbie's robotic movements as well as her style.
- Add an appliqué a "B" to your purse or clothing. This way there will be no mistaking who you are dressed as. Get more ideas at the Barbie collector website (see Resources below).
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for