Listen to live action from police, fire departments, EMS, port authorities and public service calls over internet scanning radios. The live audio feeds run 24/7 and the online scanners convert automatically to your computer's media player. The best thing--it's free.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Computer media player
Go to the "Police-scanner" website and select "Police scanner audio feeds" from the side bar. This site's online selection is current with good links, audio and selection.
Scroll down the page to the "Live police scanner audio feed listing."
Choose a state and click one of county or city listings, sit back and enjoy.
Listen to a variety of listings at the "Policescan" website.
Note the city and state of interest and click on the title for live feeds.
Take time to listen to the "RailroadRadio" site's live streams related to trains.
Click on any of the country's zones from the tool bar to see locations of interest.
Tips and warnings
- Most sites use the standard media players by Microsoft and RealPlayer. Download updates as needed for maximum performance. Update from the media software's toolbar. The correct media player automatically loads from the site when you access a station.
- Some sites have chats and code definitions used by police or other public services.
- Check out over 100 pages of live scans from the USA and other countries on the "Radiotime" site.
- The sites listed rank high with online radio scanner buffs. When searching for "online radio scanner," note some websites only offer frequencies and not live feeds.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for