How to Write an Invitation Letter for a Youth Festival
Inviting friends and families to a youth festival properly is the first step to ensuring a successful festival. They are many themes and reasons for hosting a youth festival, but the invitation letters should always carry the same informative details.
Since festivals vary in size, location and formality, you will need to design an invitation letter that focuses on the highlights of your youth festival. Designing the letter completely on your own, and not copying another festival invitations' format, will ensure that your invitation is just as unique as your festival.
- Inviting friends and families to a youth festival properly is the first step to ensuring a successful festival.
- Designing the letter completely on your own, and not copying another festival invitations' format, will ensure that your invitation is just as unique as your festival.
Hemera Technologies/AbleStock.com/Getty Images
Use a scratch piece of paper to draw out a sketch of your letter invitation. Determine the exact date, time and location of your youth festival and write all the necessary information down on this piece of paper, as it will serve as your reference when typing or writing your final invitation letter. Include highlights of the festival such as, "Rock Band Performance at 7:00 pm" or " Scavenger Hunt from 12:00-2:00 pm"
If you plan on writing out your invitations by hand, using a Calligraphy Pen will give your writing a more formal look. You can also use a any kind of ink pen or marker, but do not use pencil. Pencil writing can become smudged and messy through mail transit. Pencil writing also will not show up when you make copies in a copy machine.
- If you plan on writing out your invitations by hand, using a Calligraphy Pen will give your writing a more formal look.
- Pencil writing also will not show up when you make copies in a copy machine.
Jupiterimages/Brand X Pictures/Getty Images
Type your invitation using Microsoft Word. You can also utilise the borders and themes that Microsoft has already designed. Begin by opening a blank Word Document. On the top left corner of the Home Tab, find the Themes button and choose a Theme, which are a set of colours to use for typing. Type all relevant festival information, and then go to the Borders Tab and add a border of your choice. When you are finished use the printer and print as many needed.
Burke/Triolo Productions/Brand X Pictures/Getty Images
Finish making all copies of the hand written or printed invitation, then you can begin to embellish each invitation individually. Embellishments can be small gem stickers, glitter or ribbon.
- Finish making all copies of the hand written or printed invitation, then you can begin to embellish each invitation individually.
Ralf Nau/Lifesize/Getty Images
You're Invited to the Faith Farm Festival!
When: Saturday, July 15
Where: Duncan Farm, 1732 Hay Road, CA, 90560
Join us for a fun day at the farm!
12:00 Farm fresh lunch
1:00-2:00 Pony Rides
Help Support the Youth Group!
Contact: Ms. Lana 213-777-5511
Hop on over to Kern Park for our Youth Easter Festival
Join us for hopscotch, egg dying, and egg hunting!
And get your picture with Hoppy the Bunny.
Admission is £3.20
All proceeds go to Sadies Childrens Group Home
April 31, 2010 4:00-6:00 pm
9090 Parks St
Franklin Elementary Fall Festival November 12th 3:30pm
Franklin Elementary is proud to present the Fall Festival featuring the Franklin Band. Playing popular tunes and ditty's, this will be the Franklin Band's first performance. The Franklin Dance Team will perform too! Enjoy refreshments provided by local vendors including snow cones and hot dogs.
Pre- Sale Tickets are £1.90 and available in the office.
At the door tickets are £3.20
Help support our youth education, as all proceeds will go towards new library books.
- If you mail youth invitation festival letters, make sure to include a return address. If you will not mail the letters, place them in a highly popular area, where people are sure to find them.
- If you plan on using embellishments and then mailing youth invitation letters, be careful to not add too many embellishments, as this will make the letter heavier and may require more postage. Take the finished letters to the post office to be weighed.
In 2003 Leah Lyons began her writing career doing sports news updates for WPMD 1700 AM. A freelancing, free spirit she currently contributes articles online, covering a range of subjects including crafts, sports, culture and weddings. She holds teaching credentials from Orange Coast College in California.