How to use a tassimo coffee maker
Eriko Koga/Digital Vision/Getty Images
Tassimo Coffee Makers are convenient when you only one or two cups of coffee. Unlike regular coffee makers, you can even make lattes and cappuccinos, and with much less effort than if you had a cappuccino machine. As with any new appliance, it takes some getting used to in terms of its operation.
However, there is a process to prepare it for every day use. Once this preparation is completed, you can start using your Tassimo coffee maker normally, which is a fairly easy and simple process.
Prepare Tassimo Coffee Maker for use by following the instructions included with the machine.
Fill cold water container in the back of the machine and turn on machine by pressing the on/off button. Wait for the heating light to appear.
- Tassimo Coffee Makers are convenient when you only one or two cups of coffee.
Place a standard sized coffee cup in the cup stand. Adjust if necessary so that the rim is closest to the brewing spout.
Select your choice of T-Disk and position in the T-Disk holder. Clamp down on the brewing mechanism until it shuts and clicks.
pouring coffee into a white coffee cup image by MAXFX from Fotolia.com
Press the on/off button again, once the "auto" light has turned on. Brewing will start automatically, and during this five-minute process, the "manual" light will light up, giving you the chance to customise your drink as you wish. Once it's done brewing and filling, the light will return to the "heating" stage.
- Place a standard sized coffee cup in the cup stand.
- Once it's done brewing and filling, the light will return to the "heating" stage.
- If your water level runs out while brewing, you can refill the reservoir and brewing will pick back up exactly from where it left off.
- Make sure to throw away any used T-Disks by touching and holding on to only the tab portion to avoid burning yourself.
Anna Graizbord has been writing since 2000. She is a contributor to the blog Broke Ass Stuart and has written for other blogs such as Stylequest and Frank151. Graizbord graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in women's studies from California State University Long Beach, and studied Italian and art history at Studio Art Centers International in Florence, Italy.