How to Remove a Front Bumper on a Ford Windstar
The Windstar is a minivan that was manufactured by the Ford Motor Company from 1995 to 2003. The Windstar has an aerodynamic design, and the fibreglass front bumper is moulded to give the appearance that the front of the vehicle is all one piece.
The front bumper houses the headlights and the air bag sensors, so you need to be careful when working on the bumpers to make sure the air bags don't deploy.
Park the Ford Windstar on a flat surface and set the parking brake.
Lift the bonnet and prop it open. Disconnect both battery cables, starting with the negative terminal.
Place the jack under the centre of the front of the frame and lift the vehicle until it is off the ground. Place jack stands under the front axles.
- The Windstar is a minivan that was manufactured by the Ford Motor Company from 1995 to 2003.
- Park the Ford Windstar on a flat surface and set the parking brake.
Remove the screws from the inner fender well with a Phillips screwdriver. Remove the screws from the bottom of the bumper.
Unscrew the nut that holds the side marker light in position, using a socket wrench. Remove the side marker light.
Remove the screws from the corner of the bumper cover. Slowly pull forward on the bumper until it releases from the vehicle. Unplug the electrical connections on the rear of the bumper and remove the bumper.
- Remove the screws from the inner fender well with a Phillips screwdriver.
- Remove the screws from the bottom of the bumper.
- "Ford Windstar 1995-98 (Chilton's Total Car Care Repair Manual)"; Chilton Automotive Books; 1998
- Always make sure to disconnect the battery cables whenever working on the front bumper of any vehicle that has air bags. One wrong move when handling the bumper could cause the airbags to deploy.