How to Hide Wall Mount TV Cables
Wall mounted televisions are increasing in popularity. By mounting on the wall, valuable space is freed up under the TV. There are a variety of cables that hook up to the TV, including the power cable and AV cables. These are unattractive if left trailing down the wall.
It is simple to hide wall mount TV cables attractively.
Purchase cable covers long and wide enough to cover the cords coming from your TV. Cut the cord cover to length with a hacksaw if necessary.
- Wall mounted televisions are increasing in popularity.
- Purchase cable covers long and wide enough to cover the cords coming from your TV.
Place the cord cover base against the wall. It should stretch from where the cords emerge from the back of the TV to where it is hidden behind furniture or at the top of the electrical socket.
- Place the cord cover base against the wall.
Screw the cover to the wall with drywall screws, which should be included with the cover kit.
Place the cords over the cover base. Snap the cover onto the base, hiding the cords behind it. To access the cords later, the cover will snap off easily.
Paint the cover to match your walls. Allow the paint to dry and add a second coat if necessary.
- Cords can be hidden inside the wall by a licensed electrician.
- Any cord cover can be painted but there are ones available specially made to accept paint coats smoothly.
- Gather excess cord lengths inside the cover, do not attempt to shorten the cords yourself.
Jenny Harrington has been a freelance writer since 2006. Her published articles have appeared in various print and online publications. Previously, she owned her own business, selling handmade items online, wholesale and at crafts fairs. Harrington's specialties include small business information, crafting, decorating and gardening.