How to Load a Marksman Repeater Air Pistol
Using air pistols may provide hours of entertainment, but there are certain measures one must take to be able to use them. While they are fun and easy to use, loading them may be a hassle.
Loading a Marksman repeater air pistol involves certain steps and must be done carefully to prevent damage to yourself or your air pistol.
Cock the pistol by pulling out the rear slide section (at the back end of the gun, above the handle) two inches until you hear a click. Then, push it back in to its original position and it should click again, indicating it has locked in place.
- Using air pistols may provide hours of entertainment, but there are certain measures one must take to be able to use them.
- Cock the pistol by pulling out the rear slide section (at the back end of the gun, above the handle) two inches until you hear a click.
Turn on the gun's safety by pushing the safety button from the left of the handle to the right to immobilise the trigger.
Push the loading button below the barrel to open the barrel section, where two separate loading chambers are located. The square loading chamber is for loading BB's only, while the lower circular loading chamber is for pellets, darts and bolts. To load BB's, follow the directions in step 4; to load pellets, follow the directions in step 5, and to load darts or bolts, follow the directions in step 6.
To load BB's, insert up to 18 BB's at once into the square loading chamber. Push the barrel loading section down and cock the gun to load a BB into the barrel from the magazine in which it is held.
To load pellets, darts or bolts, insert only one pellet, dart or bolt into the lower circular loading chamber. Ensure that the ammunition is completely inside the loading chamber for proper firing. Push the barrel loading section down and cock the gun.
- All ammunition is fired one at a time.
- Prior to loading your air pistol, ensure that your ammunition matches the calibre of the pistol (e.g., use .177 calibre lead pellets for a .177 calibre air pistol).
- Use a funnel or similar equipment to load BB's more quickly.
- While cocking the pistol, point the gun upwards to feed the ammunition properly.
- The barrel section where the ammunition is loaded will not open until the gun is cocked.
- Ensure that the pistol's barrel is clean before loading and firing it.
- Do not attempt to forcefully open the barrel section of your air pistol, as this may result in damage to the gun.
- Do not fire the pistol while the barrel section is open, for this may result in personal damage and or damage to the gun.