If you need braces to straighten your teeth, then you have a few choices about the type of braces you receive. Some people prefer ceramic braces over metal because the material is clear; unless they look very closely, people may not even notice you have braces. However, if you allow your ceramic braces to get dirty, such as leaving food particles in your braces, people might notice them when you speak or smile. Luckily, there is a simple process for cleaning your ceramic braces.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Electric toothbrush
- Fluoride toothpaste
Clean your ceramic braces every time you eat. To clean them, brush your teeth with an electric toothbrush and flouride toothpaste.
Brush your teeth after you drink liquids that can stain your ceramic braces such as tea, coffee, wine and soda.
Floss at least twice a day to remove food particles from between your teeth and braces. If possible, floss after each meal. Use floss that is stiff on one side so that you can thread it through your teeth on the gum side of the wire of your braces. Move the floss up and down along each tooth at least five times without applying too much pressure to the wire itself. Make sure to floss both sides of every tooth.
Tips and warnings
- Have your teeth cleaned by a dental hygienist three to four times a year, rather than two, to keep your ceramic braces clean and clear.
- Do not use teeth whitening products while wearing ceramic braces. This will cause your teeth to be discoloured when your braces are removed.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for