Fixing the wheel on a lawn mower requires you to jack up the entire unit, similar to how you would change the tire on a car. Repair a lawn mower wheel with help from an outdoor power equipment specialist in this free video clip.
Hi. My name is Bill Parker, and today I'm going to show you how to repair your lawn mower wheel. First thing we want to do is jack it up so we can work on it. Next thing we're going to have to do is remove the dust cover. To do that, just use a pair of needle nose pliers or channellock pliers, any type of pliers you have, get a good grip on it and remove it. Once you've done that, you can wipe the grease out of the way, put a screw driver in there and remove the retaining ring. Once you remove the retaining ring and the washers, you're able to take your wheel off. And one of the reasons why we would take the wheel off is if it need to be replaced, the tire need to be replaced, we could take it to a lawn and garden shop and have a new tire put on. Or if we needed to press in new bearings, if they're worn out. And that's how you remove it. The next thing we're going to do is inspect it and reinstall it. So we put the wheel back on. Same way we took it off. Put our washers back on and then our retaining clip. Put the dust cover back on. And that's one way to repair a lawn mower wheel.
- How Do I Disable the Seat Cut Off Switch on a Riding Lawn Mower?
- How Do I Fix a Spring on a Lawn Mower?
- How to Repair an Electric Start Lawn Mower
- How Do I Replace a Lawnmower Pull Cord?
- How to Repair a Lawn Mower Wheel
- How to Start My Mower if the Pull Cord Breaks
- Troubleshooting Carburetor Problems in a Riding Lawn Mower
- How Do I Remove Rust From a Lawnmower Gas Tank?