Remove rust from tools using a paste of baking soda and lemon juice, allowing the paste to dissolve the rust and then wiping the surface clean with a paper towel. Prevent new rust from forming on tools by spraying them with WD40 occasionally, using insight from a remodeling contractor and home repair specialist in this free video on rust removal.
Hi I'm Tim Gipson, I'm going to talk to you about how to remove rust from tools. Now just over a period of time moisture will tend to accumulate around our tools and can cause some surface rust. Now this surface rust is very easy to remove and you can use some chemical rust removers, you can make your own rust remover just by using some baking soda, lemon juice or vinegar, forming it into a paste such as this into a little tub here and if you use that you want to just take your paste and you want to just spread it on your surface and let that set for several minutes to dissolve that rust. Then you can come back and just take a paper towel and wipe it off and most cases if it's just some surface rust, it'll remove it. Now if you use something like a chemical stripper or you use your baking soda lemon juice, it's usually a good idea that once you get your tool clean, come back with something like a WD-40 or a light oil, spray it on your tool and wipe it down with a paper towel. Now if you've got some really heavy rust or just some light surface rust, you can also just use your WD-40 with a little bit of sandpaper and just lightly sand. And just the light sanding will do a lot to remove that surface rust and get you back to that metal finish, OK? And that's really all there is to it. So I'm Tim Gipson and that's how to remove rust from tools.
- How to Operate a Microwave Oven
- Removing Rust From Steel
- Removing Rust From Tools
- Removing Rust Naturally
- How to Adjust Your Thermostat
- How to Hang a Heavy Wall Mirror
- Hanging Heavy Objects on Walls
- Ceramic Tile Cleaning Tips
- Best Way to Hang a Mirror
- Restoring Hardwood Floors
- How Do Refrigerators Work?
- How Do Refrigerator Ice Makers Work?
- How to Fix a Refrigerator
- How to Fix a Dishwasher That Will Not Drain
- How to Use a Microwave
- Home Remedies for Removing Rust From Tools
- Home Remedies to Remove Rust
- How to Make a Rust Remover
- Removing Rust
- Removing Rust From Stainless Steel