Use your weight to hit a baseball better with expert baseball tips in this free sports instruction video clip.
Today I'm going to show you how to hit a fastball. In this segment we're going to describe weight position when expecting a fastball. It's very important that your feet are just far apart in order that you don't loose power. If you're too far apart, you will cause yourself to move forward your weight will shift forward and then it will cause you to loose power in your swing. So as the fastball is coming and your hands are up and as you take your step, what's very important is that your back foot turns at a 45 degree angle. It does not pick and you do not want to be on your toes. This will cause you weight shift to go forward as you will hit the ball straight back to the pitcher with no hip rotation what so ever. We call this term squashing the bug, definitely want to do when you take this turn you want to squash the bug, our weight on the back leg and the rotation on the hips are effective and just that hard as we take that arms and go through the zone.
- How to Time a Fastball
- What Bat to Use to Hit a Fastball
- Common Mistakes in Hitting Fastballs
- How to Choke Up on a Baseball Bat
- How to Shift your Weight to Hit a Baseball
- Counts when Fastballs are Thrown
- How to Hit an Inside Fastball
- How to Hit an Outside Fastball
- How to Hit a Low Fastball
- How to Hit a Fastball Down the Middle
- How to Hit a Baseball
- Batting Stances & Body Techniques